There is nothing better than eating homemade pie made from fruit you personally picked at the farm!
Here's the recipe:
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 4 cups raspberries
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- Mix together the raspberries, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt until raspberries are well covered.
- Pour into 9 or 10-inch pastry shell. Dot with butter, top with crust.
- Make slits in the top crust and brush with cream. Bake in a preheated 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) oven for 15 minutes, then at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 minutes.